We are looking for enthusiastic university student volunteers to help deliver our programme and support school Eco-Teams in their mission to help their schools to go green.
Green Schools Project supports young people to lead environmental projects such as energy saving and encouraging walking to school, helping to inspire their school and community to go green. It involves them in social action, building their leadership, communication and teamwork skills as well as their confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
Please look around the rest of the website for more information about our work with schools and young people.
- Visit schools for their Eco-Team meetings once a week or at least once every two weeks.
- Support the school coordinator to promote student leadership of the environmental projects that the school is carrying out.
- Motivate and inspire the Eco-Team members to change the behaviour of staff and students at their school and take this home into their community.
- Help and support the teacher and students to use the Green Schools Project support materials and complete the tasks on the website.
- Carry out impact measurement for Green Schools Project and the participating school.
What we can offer
- An opportunity that will stand out on your CV by working with an award winning social enterprise that has the potential to transform the way that young people engage with environmental issues.
- Build your leadership and communication skills through engagement with young people.
- Insight into working in schools.
- Training and support at every step to ensure that you are confident in what you are delivering.
- Our eternal gratitude!
Time commitment and working arrangement
- Attendance at a training session or Skype training call before starting to work with schools.
- Visits of 30 minutes to one hour once a week or at least once every two weeks.
Who we are looking for
Enthusiastic, dynamic students who care about the environment and are looking for an opportunity to help schools to tackle climate change.
- Communication, particularly with young people
- Organisation: You will need to arrive on time every time with a well-planned session
- Resilience: We want people who are willing to keep going to overcome challenges
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV with an email or letter outlining why you would like to volunteer with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org