What will I get?
1. An Easy Start Up Guide
- Simple guide outlining how to get a group of students together to start an Eco-Team.
- Ready-to-go editable recruitment assembly and poster.
- PowerPoint Presentation to use in Eco-Team meetings.
- Meeting minutes template.
- School environmental review and action plan template.
- Example assembly for the Eco-Team to adapt to promote their group.
2. Access to a downloadable guide and resources for an Energy Saving Campaign
- Enable students to do an audit of how efficiently the school uses energy
- Use a spreadsheet that can track past and current usage
- Fill in the action plan template
- Choose from a variety of activity ideas that have worked in other schools
- Following the project saved Kingsmead School £37,000 over 3 years and helped students to build important skills while organising and delivering the campaign
3. Choose one other project
In the first year you can choose one more project from the following options:
- Travel to School
- Vegetable Garden
- Environment Day
- Poster Project
Where each project has:
- An easy to follow, step-by-step guide that can be given to the Eco-Team to follow.
- A PowerPoint presentation outlining the steps that can be displayed in meetings.
- Various templates and resources that will help with each step of the project minimising planning and preparation time.
4. Interactive student portal
- Pupils in the Eco-Team will be given a student login which will provide access to interactive tasks.
- When they upload evidence that they have achieved each task they will be awarded points which will help the school to climb the leaderboard, providing competition with other schools.
5. Access to other Eco-friendly opportunities
Save time looking for other opportunities to get involved in by looking at the Green Schools Project Noticeboard. This outlines details of a variety of workshops, funding opportunities and other support to make your school even more Green!
6. On-going support
Support is available according to your needs at any stage from an expert with first-hand experience of implementing these projects.
How Do I Get Started?
Click on Go Green and register an account for free.
You will then be able to download the coordinator guide and find details of different packages that will suit the needs of your school and enable you to start building skills for your students, saving the school money and becoming more environmentally friendly.